Ancient Egypt Project: An Instruction Manual for Journeying to the Afterlife
Project Overview For the past week, we have studied ancient Egyptian religious beliefs, specifically as they relate to death and the afterlife. It's now time to demonstrate what you've learned. Rather than take a test or write an essay, your assessment will come in the form of a project. Specifically, you will be creating an instruction manual.
Imagine that the pharaoh of Egypt has come to you requesting your advice and wisdom on how he or she can gain entry to the afterlife. The pharaoh wants specifics. "What exactly do I need to do?" he or she asks. You decide the most effective way to communicate the specifics on everything from mummy and tomb preparation, to navigating the underworld, to what to expect at the Hall of Two Truths, is to create an instruction manual.
Examples of Instruction Manuals The purpose of an instruction manual is to educate its user about how to do something. There are instruction manuals for just about everything, from how to build something to how to fix something to how to play a game.
An effective instruction manual probably includes: Instructions presented as step-by-step procedures, simple concise language, and visuals to make it easier to understand.
Below are few different examples of various types of instruction manuals.
Project Guidelines You, along with a selected partner, will now begin constructing your own instruction manual together with the purpose of educating a pharaoh about how to gain entry into the afterlife. You and your partner will initially use the Google Slides application to create slides for each step of the 'Journey to the Afterlife.' After your Google Slides presentation is complete, you will use WeVideo software to create a screencast video and narrate your presentation.
Other Instruction Manual Project Guidelines:
- You and your partner must agree on a theme and fonts for your Google Slides presentation, making the design of each slide of your 'instructional manual' consistent and visually appealing.
- You must include a title (e.g., A Guide to the Afterlife), along with both of your names.
- You must include information about the following topics and create a titled slide for each: Preparing the Tomb, Preparing the Body, The Journey Through the Underworld, The Hall of Two Truths, The Final Judgement, and The Afterlife.
- Information should be presented in a step-by-step format and use either numbers or transition words to make clear each step.
- You should write clearly and concisely, use your own words, and use second-person pronouns (e.g, you and your).
- You should include at least one visual, image, video or illustration for each step on each slide.
- After, completing your Google Presentation, you must work together to create a video screencast using WeVideo software that features both of your voices narrating each slide.
- You must share responsibilities and make sure both of you are contributing equitably to this collaborative project.